Jump to Content
Knowledge Lab logo

Can I transfer to a care home in a different region?

You can transfer to a rest home in another region of New Zealand if you choose to, or you may have to transfer if your care needs change. 

Before you transfer, you or someone from your current residential facility need to contact your local NASC team so that they can complete the required documentation at their end. In some instances you may need to have a reassessment to ensure the level of care you will receive is correct. 

Learn more about transferring between care homes here.

Find: Residential care facilities & VACANCIES

Eldernet is NZ's only daily (Mon-Fri) updated directory of rest home, dementia, hospital and psychogeriatric care facilities.

Updated: 11 Jun 2024
Was this resource helpful?