Privacy is important to most of us. We do our utmost to protect your privacy and take all practical and reasonable steps to secure your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We operate our services in accordance with the principles set out in The Privacy Act 1993.
The following information lets you know what we do with information we gather and or any information you provide us with.
We may collect data about you when you:
- use the website (Eldernet uses both ‘Persistent’ and ‘Session ID’ cookies, you can disable these on your own computer but this will compromise your ability to use the site e.g. you will not be able to log-in)
- post on our blog
- contact Eldernet
- subscribe to our services
- use the REVIEW SERVICE (see specific information below)
When you use this service you agree that:
- you have read and agree to comply with, the Eldernet Terms and Conditions
- you will transmit any information to us within a secure environment
- you are responsible for updating your own information
- if you provide us with information concerning another person you are authorised by that person to do so and you will ensure that they know their rights to have their privacy protected and that their rights of redress are the same as yours. You also agree to update that person’s information as and when required.
- Eldernet can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data Eldernet has collected from you. This data will not identify you or any other individual.
How we use the information you provide
- Eldernet gathers general information about you in a non-identifiable aggregated way so that we can:
- better understand how our customers are using the Service;
- provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of the Service;
- improve the Service.
- Where specific data is gathered from you on a regular basis e.g. the Residential Care Vacancy Status Report, Eldernet may use this to enhance small business productivity which may include; creating useful business insights from that aggregated data allowing you to benchmark your business’ performance against that aggregated data.
- Where you are accessing Eldernet’s REVIEW SERVICE more specific details are captured.
- We do not sell or rent your personal/identifiable information to any third party nor do we sell or rent your email address.
- We retain your information for only as long as is needed, however this may be indefinitely if it is required for statistical purposes e.g. residential bed occupancy data.
Where you information is stored
Your information is held on secure servers located in New Zealand where they remain under effective control of Eldernet.
- You have a right under the Privacy Act 1993 to request to access and correct your personal information. If we update these details on your behalf we will retain the previous information so that accurate historical records are kept.
- If you wish to have your information deleted in most instances this will be done quickly. You would be notified that this had been done. Email firstname.lastname@example.org In some instances it may be required to be retained to meet our legal obligations (e.g. review information which is required by the Health and Disability Commissioner) and in such instances Eldernet would be likely to seek legal advice. Email email@example.com
- You can opt-out of any email or newsletter communication.
If things go wrong
As a user of the internet you need to know that it is not possible for any organisation (including ours) to guarantee that 100% security will be maintained at all times. Should we discover of be advised of a breach of security or a loss of data we will:
- Advise you as soon as reasonably practical, of this event.
- Repair/restore security systems insofar as is practical and possible.
Specific information about Eldernet’s REVIEW SERVICE
- When you provide a review to a service provider on the Eldernet website we gather your contact details, which includes capturing your IP address, to: verify your identity, allow the moderator to contact you if necessary, enable us to enforce our Terms and Conditions and to protect the lawful rights of service providers and our own valuable reputation.
- Your information is only available to authorised Eldernet staff. It may also be provided to authorised persons if required for legal purposes e.g. our independent moderator, the police, or government departments etc.
- Should you be contacted by the moderator and should you have posted under an alias or anonymously they will confirm that they will not disclose your details to the provider or elsewhere unless you give permission for them to do so (with the exception of a suspected breach of the Terms and Conditions or any suspected illegal activity). You have the right to enquire as to whether your information has been released. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may also contact you to gather demographic information.