At a glance
- Name of the person who is the 1st point of contact
- eg May be individual, group, trust or company. - Can they be contacted too?
- Rest Home
- Care Apartment
- Retirement Village
- Advocacy services
- Community hubs
- Counselling & talking therapies
- Culture led services
- Day & social programmes
- Downsizing & moving home
- End of life & funeral
- Formal groups & organisations
- Government & local bodies
- Health hubs & pharmacy
- Health therapies
- Home help & personal care
- Household cleaning & services
- IT & communications
- Kaumātua programmes
- Life long learning
- Local community groups
- Meals & nutrition
- Mental Health
- Mental Health (Community)
- Mobility aids & useful products
- Need phone support?
- Palliative care
- Personal care
- Rental Village
- Respite / short term care
- Sector recruitment & training
- Social work
- Sports & recreation
- Stair lifts
- Strength & balance
- Support groups
- Transport, vehicles & companion drivers
- Travel & Tours
We have disabled our ‘feedback’ feature. We apologise for any inconvenience. Find out more here: I want to read reviews of rest homes
The Eldernet site includes a nationwide database directory and extensive information about community groups and organisations, home help services, rest homes (including up-to-date vacancies), retirement villages, residential care, private hospitals, dementia care, public hospitals and other third age services for seniors.
If you want:
* an overview of services and options that are available to you
* extensive information (more than an overview)
* links to a range of relevant organisations and services
* to find out how to access services including needs assessment and service coordination (NASC)
* information that will help you support an older/'elderly' person
* many of your difficult questions answered
you’ll find it on Eldernet!
To get your free copy of our region-specific handbook 'Where from Here', visit https://www.carepublications.co.nz/
You can view New Zealand’s largest selection of retirement village properties in your price range at www.retirementvillages.co.nz
‘Making Life Easier’ is all about supporting older people to live the lives they want! Discover a huge range of care and support options, community and advocacy groups, and service providers throughout the country at www.eldernet.co.nz/making-life-easier
Please note this is a TEST PAGE ONLY.
The information we have entered in the various fields gives you an idea of the types of things people using Eldernet may be looking for in a service e.g., does the facility provide day care, respite care or short-term care.
This introductory section is about encouraging people to read more about the service/s you provide, so add plenty of detail about what sets you apart from your competitors to pique their interest. An eye-catching photo always helps draw attention to your listing too.
|Include any testimonials/reviews from clients or their family.|
|Updated: 13 Jan 2023|
|Providing healthy homes services to older adults/elderly people.|
|Updated: 12 Jan 2023|
Meeting the needs of older people
|What makes your service better for older people?
What factors do you think let older people know that your service welcomes them?
How does your service go about providing assistance for someone with a disability?
What training do you give staff about working appropriately with older people and ageism awareness?
|Updated: 13 Jan 2023|