This Retirement Villages Code of Practice establishes minimum requirements that retirement village operators must comply with to meet their legal obligations in New Zealand. These include some occupation right agreement terms and different types of policies an operator must have.
Areas covered under this code include:
- Staffing of retirement villages
- Safety and personal security of residents
- Fire protection and emergency management
- Transfer of residents within a retirement village
- Complaints facility
- Meetings of residents with the operator and residents involvement
- Maintenance and upgrading
- Termination of an occupation right agreement by the operator or resident
- Communication with residents
You can download a copy the Code of Practice via the Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission website.