Tap to view all photos 1/3
This service provider has not received any reviews yet.
REST HOME CARE
Gracedale Rest Home and Hospital nestles at the foot of Mount Roskill. The complex is a modern, purpose built, state-of-the-art Rest Home and Hospital complex which has been architecturally designed with 36 Resident rooms divided into 4 suites or wings. Each suite has its own community/dining room, with tea and coffee making facilities.
The layout of the Facility allows us to cater for a variety of individual needs. The bedrooms are fully furnished and spacious - each with a large private ensuite. Under floor heating ensures that the rooms are maintained at a constant temperature.
We want you to have an enjoyable time here, and encourage you to talk over any ideas or concerns with our manager. It is a good idea to arrange a time to meet.
Our staff of registered nurses and qualified caregivers are all dedicated, caring people who have on-going training to meet the particular needs of all residents.
MAKING YOU AT HOME
We encourage residents to make their own decisions and to maintain their independence and self-care. Residents are welcome to personalise their rooms with pictures, photographs, their own private television and the mementoes they treasure.
Visitors are welcome. Our preferred visiting hours are between 9 am and 9 pm. If a loved one is ill, provision can be made for relatives to sleep over. Family or friends are also welcome to take their loved ones for an outing.
Gracedale is set in grounds that have been landscaped to ensure peacefulness and privacy. Every suite has a small outside patio for residents to sit or place their pot plants. We have a large sun lounge that is available for everyone to use and which flows to outside beautifully maintained and landscaped gardens - a constantly changing source of pleasure.
HERE FOR YOU
Our friendly Staff are able to help you in many ways. These include:
- Make appointments with our visiting hairdresser and podiatrist.
- If you wish, our receptionist will help to manage your money, through operating a personal petty cash account and paying any incidental bills you may incur.
A private telephone may be installed in your room through your preferred telecommunications provider.
Home-cooked meals are prepared with the approval of a qualified dietician - and individual diets can be arranged for you as required.
Our ‘in house’ doctor visits weekly.
The Chaplain is available for counselling and spiritual guidance. You are welcome to join in the weekly Church services, weekly Bible Study and devotions.
All laundry is done on the premises but we ask that woollens and delicate items be taken home by family whenever possible. All items need to be named please.
ACTIVITIES FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT
Our Activities Co-ordinator offers activities for your enjoyment and to encourage you to continue leading a full and active life through maintaining mobility and developing new skills. There is access to recreation, exercise and leisure activities, including:
- Games, housie and bingo.
- Sports, indoor bowls,
- Readings, story-telling, poetry and reminiscing.
- Arm-chair exercises
- Outings, bus tours and shopping trips
- Music, sing-a-long sessions and entertainment.
- Special luncheons, and celebrating special occasions.
- Valuables: We have limited storage, so ask that anything of significant value be left with family or friends. While we ask people not to have valuables or money in their rooms, personal effects brought in need to be insured by the resident or their family.
- Fire: The Hospital has top-of-the-range equipment, including smoke detectors and sprinklers. Should you hear an alarm, please stay where you are. Our fully trained staff have fire evacuation procedures in place - you can feel safe in their hands.
- Visitors book: We have a visitor signing in/out book which is monitored regularly. It also helps to ensure the safety of all our people if residents are signed out when leaving the premises. Entering an expected time of return for them enables staff to know how long they will be away.
- Overnight: Our sophisticated security system locks all external doors in the evening and unlocks them automatically in the morning. If residents return after doors are locked, please ring the bell outside the front door to gain entry.
BEING GOOD NEIGHBOURS
Please do not smoke within our building. We ask that you respect your neighbours by not having your TV or radio on too loudly.