The Orchards - Metlifecare Care Home
At a glance
- Heather Himiona - 09 440 5862
- Sales (Care Living)
- Tania Yekta - 027 306 0854
Benefits of Care at The Orchards:
* Homely, welcoming environment
* Our buddy system ensures new residents quickly settle in
* Enjoy fresh, nutritious meals in our care home dining room, with a choice of two options in the evening – or take advantage of our fantastic café and barbecue facilities
* There’s plenty of community interaction, including visits from students at the local college through to our highly popular weekly visits from Canine Friends Pet Therapy
* An engaging line-up of daily activities that enhance quality of life
*Our day care service offers village residents, and those out in the community, the chance to take a break with some quality care and pampering
* We have a reputation of offering the best palliative care in the area – our nurses are trained in palliative care and we also work closely with hospice.
The Orchards is a retirement village in Glenfield on Auckland’s North Shore. Recently complete, this boutique village offers retirement living set amongst beautiful grounds and gardens and is home to a community of residents that enjoy the benefits of the laid-back retirement lifestyle it offers.
Residents have access to beautiful landscaped gardens and a range of village amenities including historic Cox House Café perfect for gatherings with family and friends.
The Orchards has a clear purpose – to provide a supportive environment which empowers people to live the life they choose. As a Metlifecare village, we believe our resident-directed approach is one of our key points of difference for residents. They retain a higher level of independence and decision-making, and prolong their wider community connections and relationships. Our approach also means that the care provided to every resident may be different. To achieve this successfully, we employ people who genuinely connect with and support residents to provide what is needed.
To know about our care pricing , please contact our Nurse Manager on (09) 440 5865
|Contract with DHB||Yes|
|Updated: 20 Jan 2017|
Bed and Vacancy Details
|Approximate number of beds at this level of care||13|
|Move into a brand new Care Home with ‘resident-directed care’ where the care is led by the resident’s choices and an emphasis on providing quality of life.|
|Premium Room Charges||Yes as at 11 Feb 2022|
|MOH Certification and Audit Report||View MOH certification and audit report (opens in a new tab)|
|Extra admission requirements due to COVID-19||No|
|Updated: 27 Jun 2022|
|Type||Hours Per Week||Status||Details|
|Registered Nurse||Yes||We have a very experienced and dedicated team of Registered Nurses who are on site and provide care to the residents at The Orchards 24 hours per day|
|Updated: 20 Jan 2017|
Specialities or Areas of Expertise
|Specialities or Areas of Expertise||Status||Details|
|End of Life/Palliative Care||Yes|
|Updated: 18 Jan 2017|
The Ministry of Health conducts regular audits of Residential Care Facilities. They can be found HERE.