Summerset on the Landing (Kenepuru)
At a glance
- Malcolm Holmes - 04 230 6721
- Sales Manager
- Shelley Gilliver - 04 230 6722
- Care Centre Manager
- Vicki Hall
We have disabled our ‘feedback’ feature. We apologise for any inconvenience. Find out more here: I want to read reviews of rest homes
Summerset on the Landings industry-leading memory care centre offers rest home-level dementia care in a purpose-built, safe and homely environment.
Each of our spacious modern memory care apartments is available on a licence-to-occupy model. They include a double bedroom, ensuite bathroom, and a generous lounge for family and friends. Enabling residents to continue to lead active and positive lives in a secure setting.
Our unique way-finding, large open communal areas and outdoor courtyard garden provide freedom of movement and independence, perfect for people needing specialist dementia care who are at risk of wandering.
Key features of our memory care centre:
- Care is provided by staff trained in dementia in a purpose-built, safe, homely environment
- Our industry-leading memory care centre design is based on world-class dementia living
- Centre design is based around circular architecture so residents can always find their way back to the main area
- There are secure outdoor garden areas and inviting, communal lounge, living and kitchen area
- Sensor technology is installed in every memory care apartment. Sensors are programmed to each resident's most common movements and routines. If the cycle is broken at any stage, a silent nurse call system alerts caregiver pagers so residents always have help at hand
- A diverse activities programme is offered seven days a week focused on meeting individual needs
- Prospective residents will have been independently assessed by the DHB as requiring rest home dementia care
Summerset Memory Care – Margaret’s family share their journey:
Margaret’s family sat down with us to share their journey from identifying her dementia, the impact on each of them, and their reasons for choosing a Summerset memory care apartment.
Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai3s82nLWJg
|Contract with Te Whatu Ora||Unknown|
|ORA Applies||Yes. An ORA (Occupation Right Agreement) means you have to 'pay' a capital amount to live here. It's a retirement village type of purchase.|
|Updated: 8 Dec 2022|
Bed and Vacancy Details
|Approximate number of beds at this level of care||20|
|Currently pausing admissions.|
|Short stay considered||No|
|Premium Accommodation Charges||No|
|MOH Certification and Audit Report||View MOH certification and audit report (opens in a new tab)|
|Extra admission requirements due to COVID-19||Unknown|
|Updated: 4 Dec 2023|
The Ministry of Health conducts regular audits of Residential Care Facilities. They can be found HERE.