Redwood Lifestyle Care & Village
At a glance
- Levels of Care Offered
- Rest Home, Hospital
- Redwood Lifestyle Care & Village
- Care Apartment
- 131 Cleghorn Street
- Postal Address
- 131 Cleghorn Street
- Nelson Marlborough
- View Phone Number
- View Fax Number
- View Email Address
- Visit Website
- Jacqui Drysdale - 021 221 6253
- Oceania Healthcare - 0800 333 688
They are a superior type of care accommodation when compared to a traditional rest home room.
Care Suites at Redwood:
* Are two to four times the size of a standard rest home room. So there is more room for a person to entertain family or have more of their own possesions.
* Suites come with a kitchenette with microwave oven and fridge. While all meals are provided as part of the care plan, there is still scope to make snacks.
* Come with a full en suite bathroom
* Have an outdoor patio
* Are equipped with a heat pump - so residents can set the temperature they prefer
* Have nurse call alarms
Care Suites are available under an Occupation Right Agreement secured by a first ranking mortgage in favour of the statutory supervisor on behalf of the residents.
|Contract with DHB||Yes|
|Updated: 28 May 2021|
Bed and Vacancy Details
|Approximate number of beds at this level of care||19|
|Levels of care offered in Care Apartments||Rest Home, Hospital|
|Impending vacancy||No - 0|
|MOH Certification and Audit Report||View MOH certification and audit report (opens in a new tab)|
|Extra admission requirements due to COVID-19||Please enquire|
|Updated: 1 Jul 2022|
The Ministry of Health conducts regular audits of Residential Care Facilities. They can be found HERE.
NOTE: The Retirement Villages Act 2003 (The Act) is designed to provide improved protection for people who ‘buy’ into a retirement village. If you intend to ‘purchase’ you must get independent legal advice before signing your occupation right agreement as required under The Act. Some Retirement Village type facilities are not required to register under The Act so different legal requirements apply. Please make sure you investigate fully.
In some villages there may be some Retirement Village units that have multiple uses e.g. a Serviced Apartment may also be used as a Residential Care Suite. The same unit may therefore show in several places on Eldernet.