Search our directory
This service provider has not received any reviews yet.
|Community Group Types||Status||Details|
|Community Organisations||Yes||Soup Day Fridays - We provide the soup you provide the plate. Fridays 12:30pm, meet new friends. Free Legal Clinic - Tuesday 12.30pm - Legal advice, information and referral if necessary by qualified women lawyers. Bookings essential.|
|Relationship and Counselling Services||Yes||Low-cost Counselling. First Session Free then work out what you can afford with your Counsellor - no expectations. Mon to Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm. Bookings essential. DOVE Family Violence/ Anger management Course - Thursday's.|
|Fitness and Recreation||Yes||Ashtanga Yoga, Walking Group, Sit and be Fit, Gentle Mindful Movement Class|
|Updated: 4 Jun 2019|
|The Heretaunga Women's Centre is a centre for all Women and Children. We aim to create a safe and welcoming atmosphere in peaceful surroundings. We offer counselling, support, help and information. Babies nursery, library, and lots of courses and activities. Come and chat to one of our friendly staff. We are here because we care!!|
|Updated: 20 May 2014|
|Heretaunga Womens Centre Phone 06 878 5401, 020 4085 6695.
New Courses and Activities for Term 2 2019
Please note that Courses etc run throughout the school term
Open Monday to Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm. Low cost counselling, programmes and activities, beautiful baby’s nursery, library and information. Bookings Essential!
• Low cost counselling: Monday to Friday by qualified women counsellors.
• Ladies, Girls, Women bring in your lunch, have a coffee, relax at our lovely historic category 1 building in the Kate Sheppard room.
• Low cost room bookings, check out our fabulous rooms for hire!!
• Mums and caregivers, come in to our beautiful nursery and kids play area, weekdays.
• Numerology with Diane, 10:00am – 12:00pm, $ Koha.
• Understanding Anxiety with Radhika, starts 5th May, 6 weeks, 10:00am – 12:00, $ Koha.
• Naturopathy with Sarah, appointments from 11:00am, $ Koha.
• Scrabble & Games with Tungane, 12:00pm – 1:00pm, $ Koha.
• Walking group, Join Cathy at 1:30pm - 2:30pm for an afternoon walk starting from the Heretaunga Womens Centre, free.
• Ashtanga Yoga with Bri, 5:30pm – 6:30pm, $ Koha.
• Bioptron Light Therapy with Kathy, ½ hour appts from 9:30am, $ Koha.
• Acrylics Painting Class: 9:30am – 12:00pm with artist Robyn Watt BFA (Bachelor Fine Arts). $10.00.
• Baby Wearing HB, 10:00am – 12:00noon, 1st Tuesday of every 2nd month, free.
• Spiritual Guidance with Janine, appts from 10:30am, $ Koha.
• Bowen therapy with Louise, appts form 12:00pm, $ Koha.
• FREE Legal Clinic: 12:30pm at the Heretaunga Women’s Centre. Bookings Essential.
• Tribal Tuesday, 45minute talks on Family/Whanau, different guest speakers. $ Koha.
• Simple Crochet with Tungane, 12:30pm – 2:00pm, $ Koha.
• Coffee & Craft with Lynne, 1:00pm – 2:30pm, Koha.
• Sewing For Beginners with Georgina, 9:30am – 11:30am, $ Koha.
• Life Coaching with Milena, ½ hour appointments from 9:30am, $ Koha.
• Mindful with Money with Yvonne, 8 weeks, 1/5/19 – 19/6/19, 9:30am – 12:00pm, $ Koha.
• Egyptian Reiki, 30minute sessions with Denise, 10:00am – 12:00noon, $ Koha.
• Knitting with Carolyn, 1:00pm – 2:00pm, $ Koha.
• Sit and be Fit, 1:30pm – 2:30pm with Cathy, fun and laughter, $ Koha.
• Alanon, Friends & Family of Alcoholics, 6:45pm – 7:45pm, FREE.
• Messages from Spirit with Jacqui, ½ hour appointments from 9:15am, $ Koha.
• Free Clothing with Judy, 9:30am – 11:30am Donate your clothes or come and help yourself, $ FREE.
• DOVE (family violence courses and anger management), 9:30am - 12:00pm. Free.
• Sexual Abuse Recovery with Jean, starting May 16th , 8 weeks, 12:30pm – 2:30pm, $ Koha.
• Personal Coaching with Jane, appts from 1:00pm, $ Koha.
• Mummy Matters, Anti/Postnatal Depression Support Group with Natalie, 1:00pm – 2:00pm, $ Koha.
• Awareness Body Movement with Zhihui, 1:30pm – 2:30pm, $ Koha.
• Paper Crafts with Vicky-Lee, 2:00pm – 4:00pm. $ Koha.
• Recycle & Reclaim with Kathleen, 9:30am – 11:30am, $ Koha.
•Neck & Shoulders Mirimiri Massage with Joscelyn, ½ hour appts from 10:15am $ Koha.
• Shared Lunch, 12:30pm - 1:30pm. We provide the soup, you bring a plate to share, come together, and meet new friends.
• Hula Hips Fitness with Casata, 11:00am – 12:30pm, $ Koha.
•Learn Chinese with Ming, 2:15pm – 3:15pm, $ Koha.
• Chinese For Beginners with Lily, men and women welcome, 10:00am – 11:30am, $ Koha.
• Empower Yoga with Raquel, 9:30am – 11:00am, $ Koha.
• Gentle Mindful Movement Class with Catherine, 7:00am – 8:00am, $ Koha.
NON SPECIFIC DAYS:
•Rainbow Womens Group for more details contact Dale on ph 022 631 2681.
•Budget Advice Clinic
• Support person, going to appointments can be scary when you are feeling alone and vulnerable. We have a non-judgemental, caring support person who can go with you.
Bookings for one on one sessions essential!
If you would like a copy of our programme please contact us and we can arrange a copy and all of our latest updates to be sent to you via email or post
Come and talk on Radio Kidnappers. We have a monthly radio show on Radio Kidnappers on Mondays at 12.30. We interview different women each month - your life story is important.
Come in and see for yourself what amazing facilities we have here.
Give us a call or pop in to make a booking!!!
|Updated: 4 Jun 2019|
|Chinese||Yes||Chinese For Beginners Classes, Saturday mornings with Lily 10:00am - 11:30am, $ Koha. Learn Chinese with Ming, Fridays 2:15pm - 3:15pm, $ Koha.|
|Updated: 4 Jun 2019|
|Companionship||Self Funded||Subsidised||After Hours|
|Lunch||No||No||No||On Fridays at 12:30pm we have a shared lunch so bring a plate and make new friends!!|
|Club/Drop in Centre||Yes||No||No||Come to the Kate Shepperd room :)|
|Visiting Service||No||No||No||Ladies come in for a cuppa!!|
|Activities/Exercise Programme||Negotiable||Yes||Yes||See A list of programmes above.|
|Other Social Support||Yes||No||No||See a list of programmes above.|
|Updated: 31 Jan 2019|
This term we are focusing on Families/Whanau, we invite you to come along to our Tribal Tuesday Sessions. These 45 minute lunch time sessions have a focus on different family aspects - each week on Tuesdays at 12:30pm - 1:15pm we will provide a quest speaker, so - you are welcome to join us, for additional information contact the Centre.
What is Tribal Tuesdays for those who do not know?
Tribal Tuesday is based on the Te Whare Tapa Wha model – the 4 pillars:
Term 1 Mindful Monday Emotional
Term 2 Tribal Tuesdays Families/Whanau
Term 3 Wednesday Wellness Physical
Term 4 Thoughtful Thursdays Spiritual
Come and join us :)