At a glance
- Juliana Baxter - 03 211 8258
- Presbyterian Support Southland - 03 211 8200
- Patricia Officer-Young - 03 208 0864
We have disabled our ‘feedback’ feature. We apologise for any inconvenience. Find out more here: I want to read reviews of rest homes
|SupportLink helps people maintain their independence by offering a helping hand as well as providing companionship and friendship.
This is a free service that is provided by trained volunteers who generously give their time. However, as this service is run by a charitable organisation, people are welcome to give a donation if they choose.
We offer different types of assistance depending on an individual’s needs, and can assist with;
• Regular friendship or companionship
• Connector to social activities
• Connector with coffee clubs and people of a similar age
• Supporting older people while spouses or carers take time out
• Access to the Total Mobility Assessment, discounted taxi fares for qualifying clients.
Our volunteers range in age and come from all walks of life. They are dedicated individuals who are there to offer support, and recognise that by giving a little of their time they can provide a worthwhile experience.
|Updated: 8 Aug 2023|