Tap to view all photos 1/3
Given the current COVID-19 environment we have temporarily disabled our
‘feedback’ feature. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Independent Living is a not-for-profit organisation, which makes sense, since we’re in the business of being human.
We’re committed to making daily living easier for people with impairments, as well as their families, whānau, and support networks.
We’re your friendly community experts on all things related to disability and maintaining independence. From generic information through to walking stick testing, we can help you navigate the health and disability sector and access funding options. We offer brochures and information in a wide variety of languages, and we sell a huge tried-and-tested range of daily living aids.
Most importantly, we care about what people can do. We focus on abilities, we find solutions, and we work to understand the unique situation of everyone who comes to us. You’ll enjoy the caring advice and expertise of our team when you visit. Many of us have experienced disability ourselves, so what we do has deep personal meaning to us.
We’re all about helping you find your own path through life – staying by your side and on your side along the way.
Empowering you to live your best life, with ease.
All products can be purchased online at www.ilsnz.org, over the telephone or in-store.
* Aids for daily living - reachers, magnifiers, book seats, cleaning products
* Bathroom products - toilet seat raisers, bidets, urinals, grab rails, shower stools, bath and shower mats, waterproof limb protectors
* Bedroom products - electric hi-lo beds, over bed tables, back rests, mattress protectors, dressing aids, continence wear
* Home Living - electric lift chairs, orthopaedic height adjustable chairs, cushions
* Kitchen - jar & can openers, bottle openers, cups, cutlery and plates, vegetable peelers, kettles & trolleys
* Mobility - mobility scooters, powerchairs, wheelchairs, walkers, walking sticks, crutches, ramps, lifting and transfer products
* Sensory - magnifiers, telephones, talking clocks
* Wellbeing - aircycles, pedal exercisers, flavour creations food, garden kneelers, pressure stockings, hip & limb protectors.
Other services we offer are:
* a range of hire equipments - wheelchairs, walkers, bathroom equipment, mobility scooters and crutches
* servicing and repairs - from new batteries and tyres to repairs and yearly servicing, we can now help you sort it out
* cleaning your mobility and bathroom equipment (non-electrical) through our Hubscrub cleaning service
Independent Living have three locations within the Auckland area:
*ROYAL OAK STORE: 14 Erson Ave, Royal Oak, ph 09 625 0322, email email@example.com
*BOTANY STORE: 308 Te Irirangi Drive, Botany South, ph 09 281 5027, email
*BROWNS BAY STORE: 13-15 Bute Road, Browns Bay, ph 550 3387, email firstname.lastname@example.org