Given the current COVID-19 environment we have temporarily disabled our
‘feedback’ feature. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Ko tatau te rito o te paharakeke
Etu Totara kaha ana
Ko te ora ka aria ki runga
Ko te ngaro ka kitea
We are the roots as the tree grows strong
We will help to right the wrong
We will provide and assist in quality services to our Kaumatua, based on the Maori structures including Health, Social education and activities.
These encompass and reflect:
Te Wairua – The Spirit
Te Hinengaro – The Mind
Te Tinana – The Body
Te Whanau – The Family
WHO WE ARE?
Korua and Kuia
We encourage and welcome other nationalities residing in the local area.
Services will not be limited to over 65 years of age.
FREE SERVICES INCLUDE:
* Crisis Team
* Suicidal Intervention
* Counselling (Male & Female Counsellors)
* Whanau Counselling
* Whanau Support Workers
* Health Promotion Officer
* Kaumatua Day Programme
* Weekly programmes to stimulate both body and mind
* Sharing and exchanging ideas
* Creative activities both traditional and modern
* Promotion of exercise and nutrition – resources available
* Ideas for budgeting for meals
* Learning to live alone
* What’s happening in our community
* Fellowship, Weaving, Crafts, Music, Maori/Waiata
*And a wide range of programmes for younger people and families
For further information call us during office hours!