Search our directory
This service provider has not received any reviews yet.
|Community Group Types||Status||Details|
|Health and Disability Support Groups and Contacts||Yes||Chronic Pain Self Support Group on Wednesdays, 10:00am -11:30am.|
|Community Organisations||Yes||Salad Day Fridays - We provide the salad you provide the plate. Fridays 12:30pm, meet new friends. Free Legal Clinic - Tuesday 12.30pm - Legal advice, information and referral if necessary by qualified women lawyers. Bookings essential.|
|Relationship and Counselling Services||Yes||Low-cost Counselling First Session Free then cost negotiated with counsellor. Mon to Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm. Bookings essential. DOVE Family Violence/ Anger management Course - Thursday's.|
|Fitness and Recreation||Yes||Ashtanga Yoga Walking Group, Sit and be Fit,|
|Links to other sites, e.g. government, health, legal, consumer etc||No||Low cost room hirage. Wanted volunteer facilitators for classes and courses.|
|Updated: 24 Oct 2018|
|The Heretaunga Women's Centre is a centre for all Women and Children. We aim to create a safe and welcoming atmosphere in peaceful surroundings. We offer counselling, support, help and information. Babies nursery, library, and lots of courses and activities. Come and chat to one of our friendly staff. We are here because we care!!|
|Updated: 20 May 2014|
|Heretaunga Womens Centre Phone 06 878 5401, 020 4085 6695.
New Courses and Activities for Term 4 2018
Please note that Courses etc run throughout the school term
Open Monday to Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm. Low cost counselling, programmes and activities, beautiful baby’s nursery, library and information. Bookings Essential!
• Low cost counselling: Monday to Friday by qualified women counsellors.
• Ladies, Girls, Women bring in your lunch, have a coffee, relax at our lovely historic category 1 building in the Kate Sheppard room.
• Low cost room bookings, check out our fabulous rooms for hire!!
• Mums and caregivers, come in to our beautiful nursery and kids play area, weekdays.
• Vision Board Workshop with Sharmain, 5 weeks, 15th Oct – 12th Nov, 10:00am – 12:00pm, $ Koha.
• Clear the Clutter with Rochelle, 4 weeks, 5th Nov – 26th Nov, 10:30am – 12:00pm, $ Koha.
• Scrabble & Games with Tungane, every 2nd & 4th of the month, 12:00pm – 1:00pm, $ Koha.
• Relaxation Space, 12:30pm – 1:30pm, $ free.
• Walking group, Join Cathy at 1:30pm - 2:30pm for an afternoon walk starting from the Heretaunga Womens Centre, free.
• Sing like there is no one listening with Margot 2:00pm - 3:00pm, $ Koha.
• Ashtanga Yoga with Bri, 5:30pm – 6:30pm, $ Koha.
• BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) Family Support Group with Vanessa, 6:30pm – 8:00pm. $ Koha.
• Bowen Therapy with Louise, appointments from 9:00am, $ Koha.
• Acrylics Painting Class: 9:30am – 12:00pm with artist Robyn Watt BFA (Bachelor Fine Arts). Ladies bring out your creative juices! Subject matter will be dependent on the level of competency for each participant. Topics covered include: Materials, Composition, Colour theory Perspective, Shading, Subject Choice. Please bring your own materials, $10.00.
• Sacred Aspects with Janine, appts from 10:30am, $ Koha.
• Baby Wearing HB, 10:00am – 12:00noon, 1st Tuesday of every 2nd month, free.
• FREE Legal Clinic: 12:30pm at the Heretaunga Women’s Centre. Bookings Essential.
• Simple Crochet with Tungane, 12:30pm – 2:00pm, $ Koha.
• Coffee & Craft with Lynne, 1:00pm – 2:30pm, Koha.
• Clairsentient Guidance with Jackie, appts from 9:15am, $ Koha.
• Sewing For Beginners with Georgina, 9:30am – 11:30am, $ Koha.
• Chronic Pain Self Support Group with Lynne, 10:00am – 11:30am, $ Koha.
• Egyptian Reiki, 30minute sessions with Denise, 10:00am – 12:00noon, $ Koha.
• Relaxation Space, 12:00pm – 1:00pm, $ Free.
• Knitting with Carolyn, 1:00pm – 2:00pm, $ Koha.
• Sit and be Fit, 1:30pm – 2:30pm with Cathy, fun and laughter, $ Koha.
• Alanon, Friends & Family of Alcoholics, 6:45pm – 7:45pm, FREE.
• Spiritual Readings & Guidance with Julie, 9:15am, 10:30am & 11:30am appointments $ Koha.
• Mindfulness Meditation with Felicity, 10:00am – 11:30am. $ Koha.
• Free Clothing with Judy, 9:30am – 11:30am Donate your clothes or come and help yourself, $ FREE.
• DOVE (family violence courses and anger management), 9:30am - 12:00pm. Free.
• Intermediate English with Wendy, 10:00am – 12:00noon, $ Koha.
• Thoughtful Thursday, Spiritual wellbeing talks, 12:30pm – 1:15pm, $ Koha.
• Mummy Matters, Anti/Postnatal Depression Support Group with Natalie, 1:00pm – 2:00pm, $ Koha.
• Posture & Movement Class with Patricia, 6 weeks, 25th Oct – 29th Nov, 1:30pm – 2:30pm, $ Koha.
• Paper Crafts with Vicky-Lee, 2:00pm – 4:00pm. $ Koha.
•Neck & Shoulders Mirimiri Massage with Joscelyn, ½ hour appts from 10:15am $ Koha.
• Relaxation Space, 11:30am – 12:30pm, $ Free.
• Shared Lunch, 12:30pm - 1:30pm. We provide the salad, you bring a plate to share, come together, and meet new friends.
• Pre-School Dance Group, 1:45pm - 2:15pm, $ Koha.
• Chinese For Beginners with Lily, men and women welcome, 10:00am – 11:30am, $ Koha.
NON SPECIFIC DAYS:
•Rainbow Womens Group for more details contact Dale on ph 022 631 2681.
•Budget Advice Clinic
•Prep For Work
• Support person, going to appointments can be scary when you are feeling alone and vulnerable. We have a non-judgemental, caring support person who can go with you.
Bookings for one on one sessions essential!
If you would like a copy of our programme please contact us and we can arrange a copy and all of our latest updates to be sent to you via email or post
Come and talk on Radio Kidnappers. We have a monthly radio show on Radio Kidnappers on Mondays at 12.30. We interview different women each month - your life story is important.
Come in and see for yourself what amazing facilities we have here.
Give us a call or pop in to make a booking!!!
|Updated: 24 Oct 2018|
|Chinese||Yes||Chinese For Beginners Classes, Saturday mornings with Lily 10:00am - 11:30am, $ Koha.|
|English||Yes||Free English tuition for migrant women and Intermediate English classes for a koha.|
|Updated: 20 Feb 2018|
|Companionship||Self Funded||Subsidised||After Hours|
|Lunch||No||No||No||On Fridays at noon we have a shared lunch so bring a plate and make new friends!!|
|Club/Drop in Centre||Yes||No||No||Come to the Kate Shepperd room :)|
|Visiting Service||No||No||No||Ladies come in for a cuppa!!|
|Activities/Exercise Programme||Negotiable||Yes||Yes||See A list of programmes above.|
|Other Social Support||Yes||No||No||See a list of programmes above.|
|Updated: 24 Oct 2018|