Search our directory
This service provider has not received any reviews yet.
|Community Group Types||Status||Details|
|Community Organisations||Yes||Soup Day Fridays - We provide the soup you provide the plate. Fridays 12:30pm, meet new friends. Free Legal Clinic - Tuesday 12.30pm - Legal advice, information and referral if necessary by qualified women lawyers. Bookings essential.|
|Relationship and Counselling Services||Yes||Low-cost Counselling. First Session Free then work out what you can afford with your Counsellor - no expectations. Mon to Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm. Bookings essential. DOVE Family Violence/ Anger management Course - Thursday's.|
|Fitness and Recreation||Yes||Ashtanga Yoga, Walking Group, Sit and be Fit, Gentle Mindful Movement Class|
|Updated: 17 Jul 2019|
|The Heretaunga Women's Centre is a centre for all Women and Children. We aim to create a safe and welcoming atmosphere in peaceful surroundings. We offer counselling, support, help and information. Babies nursery, library, and lots of courses and activities. Come and chat to one of our friendly staff. We are here because we care!!|
|Updated: 20 May 2014|
|Heretaunga Womens Centre Phone 06 878 5401, 020 4085 6695.
New Courses and Activities for Term 3 2019
Please note that Courses etc run throughout the school term
Open Monday to Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm. Low cost counselling, programmes and activities, beautiful baby’s nursery, library and information. Bookings Essential!
• Low cost counselling: Monday to Friday by qualified women counsellors.
• Ladies, Girls, Women bring in your lunch, have a coffee, relax at our lovely historic category 1 building in the Kate Sheppard room.
• Low cost room bookings, check out our fabulous rooms for hire!!
• Mums and caregivers, come in to our beautiful nursery and kids play area, weekdays.
•Uncluttered with Rochelle, 5 weeks from 22nd July, 10:00am – 12:00pm, $ Koha.
• Intro To Numerology with Diane, 10:00am – 12:00pm, $ Koha.
• Understanding Anxiety with Radhika, starts 5th August, 6 weeks, 10:00am – 12:00, $ Koha.
• Scrabble & Games with Tungane, 12:00pm – 1:00pm, $ Koha.
• Walking group, Join Cathy at 1:30pm - 2:30pm for an afternoon walk starting from the Heretaunga Womens Centre, free.
• Sing Like There’s No-one Listening with Margot, 2:00pm – 3:00pm, $ Koha.
• Ashtanga Yoga with Bri, 5:30pm – 6:30pm, $ Koha.
• Bioptron Light Therapy with Kathy, ½ hour appts from 9:30am, $ Koha.
• Acrylics Painting Class: 9:30am – 12:00pm with artist Robyn Watt BFA (Bachelor Fine Arts). $10.00.
• Baby Wearing HB, 10:00am – 12:00noon, 1st Tuesday of every 2nd month, free
• Exploring Change, Loss & Grief with Jean, 8 weeks starting 30th July, 10:00am – 12:00pm, $ Koha.
• Sacred Aspects with Janine, appts from 10:30am, $ Koha.
• Welfare Advocacy with Pene, appts from 12:00pm, $ Koha.
• FREE Legal Clinic: 12:30pm at the Heretaunga Women’s Centre. Bookings Essential.
• Nourished For Nil, rescued food from 1:00pm, Everyone Welcome, no cost.
• Coffee & Craft with Lynne, 1:00pm – 2:30pm, Koha.
• Sewing For Beginners with Georgina, 9:30am – 11:30am, $ Koha.
• Life Coaching with Milena,1 hour appointments from 9:30am, $ Koha.
• Egyptian Reiki, 30minute sessions with Denise, 10:00am – 12:00noon, $ Koha.
• Wednesday Wellness, Physical Wellbeing Talks, 12:30pm – 1:15pm, $ Koha.
• Knitting with Carolyn, 1:00pm – 2:00pm, $ Koha.
• Learn Basic Te Reo with Te Ranginamu, 1:00pm – 2:30pm, $ Koha.
• Sit and be Fit, 1:30pm – 2:30pm with Cathy, fun and laughter, $ Koha.
• Alanon, Friends & Family of Alcoholics, 6:45pm – 7:45pm, FREE.
• Free Clothing with Judy, 9:30am – 11:30am Donate your clothes or come and help yourself, $ FREE.
• DOVE (family violence courses and anger management), 9:30am - 12:00pm. Free.
• Reflexology/Massage with Brigit, 45 min appts from 9:30am, $ Koha.
• Ancient Maori Mirimiri with Christina, ½ hour appts from 11:30am, $ Koha.
• Personal Coaching with Jane, appts from 1:00pm, $ Koha.
• Mummy Matters, Anti/Postnatal Depression Support Group with Natalie, 1:00pm – 2:00pm, $ Koha.
• Your Intuitive Toolkit with Jacqui, 6 weeks starting 1st August, 12:30pm – 2:00pm, $ Koha.
• Paper Crafts with Vicky-Lee, 2:00pm – 4:00pm. $ Koha.
• Messages From Spirit with Jacqui, ½ hour appts from 2:30pm, $ Koha.
• Empowering Me Workshop with Elisha, 4 weeks from 9th August, 10:00am – 11:30am, $ Koha.
• Shared Lunch, 12:30pm - 1:30pm. We provide the soup, you bring a plate to share, come together, and meet new friends.
• Chinese For Beginners with Lily, men and women welcome, 10:00am – 11:30am, $ Koha.
• Gentle Mindful Movement Class with Catherine, 7:00am – 8:00am, $ Koha.
NON SPECIFIC DAYS:
•Rainbow Network Group for more details contact Dale on ph 022 631 2681.
•Budget Advice Clinic
• Support person, going to appointments can be scary when you are feeling alone and vulnerable. We have a non-judgemental, caring support person who can go with you.
Bookings for one on one sessions essential!
If you would like a copy of our programme please contact us and we can arrange a copy and all of our latest updates to be sent to you via email or post
Come and talk on Radio Kidnappers. We have a monthly radio show on Radio Kidnappers on Mondays at 12.30. We interview different women each month - your life story is important.
Come in and see for yourself what amazing facilities we have here.
Give us a call or pop in to make a booking!!!
|Updated: 16 Jul 2019|
|Chinese||Yes||Chinese For Beginners Classes, Saturday mornings with Lily 10:00am - 11:30am, $ Koha.|
|Maori - Te Reo||Yes||Learn Basic Te Reo with Te Ranginamu, Wednesdays during the school term, 1:00pm - 2:30pm, $ Koha.|
|Updated: 17 Jul 2019|
|Companionship||Self Funded||Subsidised||After Hours|
|Lunch||No||No||No||On Fridays at 12:30pm we have a shared lunch so bring a plate and make new friends!!|
|Club/Drop in Centre||Yes||No||No||Come to the Kate Shepperd room :)|
|Visiting Service||No||No||No||Ladies come in for a cuppa!!|
|Activities/Exercise Programme||Negotiable||Yes||Yes||See A list of programmes above.|
|Other Social Support||Yes||No||No||See a list of programmes above.|
|Updated: 31 Jan 2019|