Jump to Content

Search our directory


  • Do you know who you can call if you have any questions or complaints about the service? (The agency should give you information about who to contact regarding questions, their own complaints process and details of independent organisations you can take your complaint to.) 
  • If you are not satisfied with your support worker have you spoken to the agency? If this has not resolved the issue you may contact the person coordinating your services (if receiving subsidised care), the 
  • Nationwide Health and Disability Advocacy Service 0800 555050 or Age Concern etc.
  • If you wish to terminate the service, or change the agency, are you clear about how this should be managed? (If you are receiving a DHB subsidised or part subsidised service then the person coordinating the service should be contacted.)

Payment A note about restorative care and similar packages

Go back to Support at Home section

Download a full & printable version of the checklist