A current, regularly updated care plan for each resident should be kept by the staff.
- How will you and those closest to you be involved in your care plan?
- What are the Registered Nurse hours and the carer-to-resident ratio?
- Is there regular input from other health professionals, e.g. a physiotherapist?
- What qualifications do the caregivers have?
- What are the conditions relating to having your own GP?
- Is there a house GP on call at all times?
- If your level of care changes will you have to move to another room/facility?
Go back to Residential Care section
Download a full & printable version of the checklist