Do I have to pay for My Vaccine Pass?

From Friday 3 December, people will need to show their My Vaccine Pass to enter many shops, venues and events when New Zealand officially moves to the ‘traffic light’ system. This is an official record of COVID-19 vaccination status and is issued for free by the Ministry of Health.  

While the fastest way to get your My Vaccine Pass is online, there are plenty of other options for people who don’t have access to the internet, a smartphone, or a printer.

Have it posted

You can call 0800 222 478 to request a My Vaccine Pass – there are three call centres now operating with extended opening hours.

You’ll need to have a National Health Index (NHI) ready or if may be asked a few things to confirm your identity – such as name and date of birth. Someone can call on your behalf, but you must give them permission to do so first.

They can then organise to have a hardcopy of your My Vaccine Pass posted to you.

Have it printed at a pharmacy

Over the next couple of days, you will also be able to go to a pharmacy and request your My Vaccine Pass. Nearly 400 pharmacies around the country currently providing COVID-19 vaccinations will now also be able to assist people with getting their vaccine pass.

Locations of participating pharmacies are listed the Healthpoint website or call your local pharmacy to see if they’re offering the service.

Customers are asked to continue to be patient as staff at call centres and pharmacies do their best to assist with queries and help people generate their My Vaccine Pass.

About Mason Head

Mason Head
Content Creator and Publication Lead at Eldernet


  1. Avatar

    Why are there no pharmacies available for Vaccine Passes on the West Coast? Don’t we even exist? It’s totally pathetic that these services are only available in Christchurch and Dunedin. Once again you’ve shown you don’t care about those of us who live in the South Island. We are sick of being ignored.

    • Mason Head

      Hi Tania. It’s incredibly disappointing to hear that is the case in the West Coast – people should not be excluded from services such as this. While it may not be any consolation, you can call
      0800 222 478 and request to have it posted to you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *