Are you heading away for the Christmas and New Year’s break? Follow these simple tips below to help make your holiday time as stress free as possible:
- If you’re heading away for more than three days, turn off your hot water cylinder. It will save you some money on your power bill.
- Make sure all your switches are turned off, and unplugged where possible, to avoid them using any power at all. Things like TV’s, jugs, washing machines, and computer screens can usually be unplugged to save on any extra power they may be using without you knowing!
- Consider closing your curtains while you are away for security reasons.
- If you like to leave lights on for security reasons while you’re away, why not consider a motion sensor light or automatic timer lights.
- Drive safely, and give yourself plenty of breaks on the road!