Community

Book Review – Talking Baby by Margaret Maclagan and Anne Buckley

Although my children are now ‘grown up’ enough to be able to speak for themselves (rather more freely than I would like sometimes!), they’re not too grown up that I can’t clearly recall the ‘baby chat’ or ‘trying toddler’ stage.   This book would have been a real asset to me during those early years. It is filled with …

Read More »

Bring our most vulnerable in from the cold this winter

The stress of having to pay for extra power costs for heating can be chilling for some of our most vulnerable people. Manawatu Home Budgeting Service Financial Mentors Jeanette Parsons and Brett Cole expect to see some people run into trouble with their power bill over winter. In their experience, the …

Read More »

Book Review – The Keto Chef’s Kitchen by Nery Whelan

The Keto Chef’s Kitchen by Nery Whelan  I have every intent on reviewing this cookbook as I usually do – by reading through and choosing a recipe and actually cooking it. But as I read through this book I realised this is not your ‘usual’ cookbook, this is a stunning cookbook made for a very defined …

Read More »

The global loneliness epidemic impacts all ages

Will more countries appoint a “Minister of Loneliness” following the footsteps of the UK and Japan? In the United States, loneliness costs the country almost US$7 billion extra in healthcare costs each year. Loneliness is not the same as social isolation. People can be isolated (alone) yet not feel lonely. …

Read More »

Funny business when it comes to ethical and responsible investing

Greenwashing is giving a false impression or providing misleading information about the environmental status of a company or its products. These misleading or unsubstantiated claims deceive consumers into believing that a product or service is environmentally friendly or socially responsible. Although some of the environmental claims can be partly true, …

Read More »