Home / Community (page 15)

Community

Festive Fun

Christmas is a time of year that can be very lonely for the elderly. Often there might be a token visit to older relatives before family rush off to spend time at the beach or doing their own thing. This sense of abandonment and isolation is one of the causes …

Read More »

Put your Feet Up and Enjoy a Fun Game

Are you enjoying the pre-Christmas preparations, or do you find it all too much?  Amongst the demands of special events, preparations, baking, gift purchasing, rich food and all the trappings of the season, it is important to your well-being that you can sit back, relax, and find enjoyment in a …

Read More »

Turkey Treats

On the first day of Christmas my truelove said to me, ” I’m glad we bought a big Turkey and a pretty Christmas tree.” On the second day of Christmas much laughter could be heard, As we tucked into our Turkey, a most delicious bird. On the third day we …

Read More »

Christmas Trees

As Christmas fast approaches I hope you have your Christmas tree decorated by now and all your Christmas shopping finished! Decorating the Christmas tree is one of my favourite parts of Christmas. It really makes it feel like Christmas is coming when you put the Christmas music, dig out the Christmas decorations …

Read More »

John Key on a Bike!

Liam Butler interviews Prime Minister and Tourism Minister John Key: How will the tourism sector benefit from older tourists having fun over the festive season using the National Cycle Trail and the National walkway Te Araroa? Prime Minister and Tourism Minister John Key Nga Haerenga, The New Zealand Cycle Trail …

Read More »

Operation Christmas Child

There’s nothing quite like Christmas time.  Decorations, lights, fake trees and hours spent shopping then wrapping gifts for family and friends. Not to mention the overzealous feasting and need afterwards for games of cricket, long walks and/or sun hazy afternoon napping. At this time when family is a top …

Read More »

Dementia & the Festive Season

How you can help the people you know living with dementia during the festive season With Christmas fast approaching, we might be feeling rather caught up in the hustle and bustle of end of year activities. But it’s also an important time to slow down and think about the people …

Read More »