Home / Community (page 14)

Community

Christmas Trees

As Christmas fast approaches I hope you have your Christmas tree decorated by now and all your Christmas shopping finished! Decorating the Christmas tree is one of my favourite parts of Christmas. It really makes it feel like Christmas is coming when you put the Christmas music, dig out the Christmas decorations …

Read More »

John Key on a Bike!

Liam Butler interviews Prime Minister and Tourism Minister John Key: How will the tourism sector benefit from older tourists having fun over the festive season using the National Cycle Trail and the National walkway Te Araroa? Prime Minister and Tourism Minister John Key Nga Haerenga, The New Zealand Cycle Trail …

Read More »

Operation Christmas Child

There’s nothing quite like Christmas time.  Decorations, lights, fake trees and hours spent shopping then wrapping gifts for family and friends. Not to mention the overzealous feasting and need afterwards for games of cricket, long walks and/or sun hazy afternoon napping. At this time when family is a top …

Read More »

Dementia & the Festive Season

How you can help the people you know living with dementia during the festive season With Christmas fast approaching, we might be feeling rather caught up in the hustle and bustle of end of year activities. But it’s also an important time to slow down and think about the people …

Read More »

Festive Fun

Fun for me has always been about spending time with family. I’ve been blessed to have a very ‘connected’ family – who enjoy intergenerational get-togethers. On my mother’s side we have an annual family picnic which was instigated decades ago by my grandmother (who is 92!) and her siblings (many …

Read More »

Memories of Christmas Past

I remember vividly the Christmases of my childhood. I remember the growing anticipation and being so excited in the couple of weeks coming up to Christmas that I couldn’t sleep. I remember the long days playing outside in the sunshine with my cousins.  And one of the things I …

Read More »

Our Wonderful Christmas Tradition

As many of you will know, the RSA was founded in 1916 by returning Anzacs to provide support and comfort for service men and women and their families. Today, we proudly continue that legacy, supporting our current and ex-New Zealand Defence Force personnel, including the New Zealand Police, and their …

Read More »

Care for family carers

There are currently over 200,000 people across New Zealand who spend part of their day assisting a family member to remain in their own home, supported by visits from home care and nursing service providers like Access, who help with day-to-day chores, personal cares or nursing services. This special group …

Read More »