- Have you got quotes from several independent lawyers who are experienced in retirement villages?
- Have you read and understood the Occupation Right Agreement (O.R.A.) and other documents you’ve been given?
- Have you arranged a meeting with suitably experienced lawyer? What things in the contract do you need the lawyer to explain or clarify?
- Is everything you’ve discussed with the village manager/sales person etc. in the ORA? (If not ask the lawyer to write in any verbal assurances or promises.)
- What is the legal title of the unit?
- Does the village require a Statutory Supervisor? What does that person do?
Go back to Retirement Villages section
Download a full & printable version of the checklist