- Do you have a copy of the village rules? How are they made?
- Is it easy to move to another part of the village, e.g. smaller unit? Do you understand the costs (even if
- you’re downsizing)?
- Does the village keep residents informed about village matters? Have you seen notice boards, regular
- newsletters, meetings schedules, etc.?
- Do you understand how the AGM is managed and why it is important to you?
- Are residents’ concerns or complaints addressed correctly? What is the process and time frame?
- Is there a residents committee?
- Is there an increase/decrease in the village fees if the number of people living in the unit changes?
Go back to Retirement Villages section
Download a full & printable version of the checklist