- Are there other support services on site, such as a rest home, hospital, dementia care facility?
- To live in a village unit you generally need to be independent. Who decides if you are ‘independent’?
- Have you received clear information about costs for any ‘in home’ support does the village offers (e.g. practical help in the home, nursing care etc.)? How long are these prices valid for?
- Can you receive support from an ‘outside’ provider of support services?
- If you don’t pay for ‘formal’ support what is the culture of care and support in the village?
- Are the security measures up to your standard?
Go back to Retirement Villages section
Download a full & printable version of the checklist