- Is the village a registered Retirement Village?
- Is the village a member of the Retirement Villages Association?
- Do you know who owns the village?
- Have the owners built other villages? (You may want to visit these or ask to speak to residents who live
- Do you know who is the ‘front-person’ for the ownership body?
- Do you know who manages the village on day-today matters?
- Are village staff experienced and suitably qualified?Is the village completely finished? If expansion
- or more building is planned, where is it expanding to and how long until completion? How disruptive
- would construction be?
Go back to Retirement Villages section
Download a full & printable version of the checklist