- When you make contact with the group are they welcoming?
- Can you contact other group members to discuss the benefits of joining the group?
- Do you understand how the group works and if there are any ‘rules’?
- Is there a single person you can go to if you have any issues or need assistance?
- Do you understand the group’s expectations of their members?
- Does the frequency, time of meeting and venue suit you? Does this change at all?
- How will you travel to and from the meetings? If transport is an issue for you do they offer assistance?
- If you are still driving can you offer assistance to others in the group?
- If you have a medical condition do you need to let the convener know about it?
- How does the group let you know about events, meeting changes etc.?
- Are there any costs?
Go back to Products and Services section
Download a full & printable version of the checklist