Jump to Content

Coldstream Rest Home, Hospital and Village

Send me an
Information Pack
At a glance
Name
Coldstream Rest Home, Hospital and Village
Category
Retirement Villages ('Purchase')
Address
71 Park Street
Mid Canterbury
Ashburton 7700
DHB
Canterbury
Phone
(03) 308 8020
Fax
(03) 308 8052
Email
View Email Address
Web
Visit Website
Personnel
Manager
Carolyn Wood - (03) 308 8020
Owner
The Greenvale Group Limited - (03) 307 8100
Other services
Photos
Tap to view all photos 1/5
Availability Details
Room TypeVacancy?
Townhouse (1 Bedroom)Yes
Townhouse (2 Bedrooms)No
Retirement living right in the heart of Ashburton. Our village resident enjoy being able to walk to the shops, library and churches. Maintain your independence whilst living in a retirement village environment.
Facility Image
Updated: 23 Feb 2017
Agent's Details
Details
Name Annette Sargisson
Address Coldstream Retirement Village 71 Park Street
City/Town Ashburton
Phone 03 308 8020
Fax 03 308 8052
Email View Email Address
Updated: 28 Oct 2016
Statutory Supervisor's Details
Details
Name Jerry Ford
Address PO Box 4243 Shortland Street
City/Town Auckland
Company Covenant Trustee Services
Phone 09 302 0638
Fax 09 302 1037
Email View Email Address
Updated: 1 Apr 2016
Solicitor's Details
Details
Name Geoff Currie
Address Unit 8, 27 Tyne Street PO Box 8498 Riccarton
City/Town Christchurch
Company Geoff Currie Lawyers
Phone 03 982 4103
Fax 03 982 4105
Email View Email Address
Updated: 4 Jul 2012
Composition of Village
Type Details
Townhouse (1 Bedroom)
Total5
VacancyYes
Low Price$230000.00
High Price$260000.00
GarageYes
Tenure TermsLicence to Occupy
Surrender DetailsThe capital sum less:
8% of the capital sum for the first year of occupation (pro-rata on a daily basis in the case of an incomplete year) and 7% of the capital sum for the second year of occupation(pro-rata on a dily basis in the case of an incomplete year), but not exceeding a total of 15% of the capital sum.

An administration fee of 3% of the capital sum.

Any other payments due such as any Village Outgoings Payments not previously paid.

Any amount forgone by the resident to reflect a decrease in value of the unit.
Service Charge DetailsVillage Outgoings Payment - $490.00/month
Nursing Care DetailsNursing Care is available with the cost ranging from $100 - $300/month above the Village Outgoings Payment depending on the level of care required.
Townhouse (2 Bedrooms)
Total6
VacancyNo
Low Price$290000.00
High Price$330000.00
GarageYes
Tenure TermsLicence to Occupy
Surrender DetailsThe capital sum less:
8% of the capital sum for the first year of occupation (pro-rata on a daily basis in the case of an incomplete year) and 7% of the capital sum for the second year of occupation(pro-rata on a dily basis in the case of an incomplete year), but not exceeding a total of 15% of the capital sum.

An administration fee of 3% of the capital sum.

Any other payments due such as any Village Outgoings Payments not previously paid.

Any amount forgone by the resident to reflect a decrease in value of the unit.
Service Charge DetailsVillage Outgoings Payment - $490.00/month
Nursing Care DetailsNursing Care is available with the cost ranging from $100 - $300/month above the Village Outgoings Payment depending on the level of care required
Updated: 28 Oct 2016
Personnel & Services
Personnel / ServiceHours Per WeekStatusDetails
Registered Nurse Yes Registered Nurses are employed through Coldstream's Rest Home and Hospital. Availability of these staff is negotiable with the Village Manager.
Activities Co-ordinator Yes Activities are co-ordinated through Coldstream's Rest Home and Hospital. All village residents are provided with a copy of the activites programme and are most welcome to attend any activities.
Home Help (External Provider) Negotiable This is negotiated with the various external agencies operating in Ashburton.
Meals - Internal Provider Yes A mid-day meal can be provided.
Dietitian Negotiable Details of a local dietician can be provided.
Podiatrist Yes A podiatrist regularly visits the rest home and hospital. Village residents are able to contract the podiatrist privately.
Hairdresser Yes A hairdresser visits the rest home and hospital. Arrangements can be made through the Village Manager for appointments.
Occupational Therapist Negotiable Availabilty is negotiated with the Village Manager
Physiotherapist Negotiable Availability is negotiated with the Village Manager
Nursing Care Negotiable Access to Nursing Care is negotiated with the Village Manager
Chaplain Yes Church Services are held in the Rest Home and Hospital. Details are provided on the Activities Programme.
Updated: 4 Jul 2012
Facility Features
FeatureStatusDetails
Social/Recreational Programme Yes The Activities staff develop a monthly programme
Emergency Call System Yes
24 Hour Security Yes
Newsletter Yes
Pets In Residence Yes
Negotiate To Bring Own Pet Yes
Outings Yes
Transport Available Yes
Library No Ashburton District Library is a 5 minute walk from Coldstream.
Chapel No Although Coldstream does not have a Chapel, the Anglican, Catholic and Presbyterian Churches are all within a 2 minute walk.
Gardens Yes Coldstream has a beautiful communal garden and village residents are encouraged to develop their own garden.
Updated: 4 Jul 2012
Special Features
Registered Nurse on call 24hr a day - staff will respond to emergency calls from flats/villas/units raised on an internal alarm system
Updated: 4 Jul 2012
Interests & Activities

Updated: 4 Jul 2012
Languages Spoken
LanguageStatusDetails
English Yes
Updated: 4 Jul 2012
Distances
LocationDistanceDetails
Shops 0.30 km Coldstream is located a short walk from the main Ashburton shoppping centre.
Parks 0.30 km
Library 0.10 km The Ashburton District Library is a short walk from Coldstream.
Updated: 4 Jul 2012
Credentials & Membership
Credentials & MembershipStatusDetails
National Certificate in Support of the Older Person (not available after Dec 2010) Yes
New Zealand Aged Care Association Yes
Registered Retirement Village? Yes Registration Number 2076780
RVA (Retirement Villages Association of New Zealand (Inc)) Yes Associate Member
New Zealand Aged Care Association Registered Retirement Village? RVA (Retirement Villages Association of New Zealand (Inc))
Updated: 4 Jul 2012

NOTE: The Retirement Villages Act 2003 (The Act) is designed to provide improved protection for people who ‘buy’ into a retirement village. If you intend to ‘purchase’ you must get independent legal advice before signing your occupation right agreement as required under The Act. Some Retirement Village type facilities are not required to register under The Act so different legal requirements apply. Please make sure you investigate fully.

 

In some villages there may be some Retirement Village units that have multiple uses e.g. a Serviced Apartment may also be used as a Residential Care Suite. The same unit may therefore show in several places on Eldernet. The DHB Shared Services website provides additional information about this service.

215