Thinking of moving into a smaller home or retirement village, but daunted by the amount of work involved? Worried about having to part with treasured lifelong possessions? Moving home can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. At Elderly Assist we can manage the entire moving process, or any part of your move - we can do as little or as much as you need us to. Elderly Assist doesn’t ‘take over’. We combine superb organisational skills with values of empathy, honesty and caring. We listen to your wishes, liaise with your family where possible and leave clinical or medical matters to trained professionals. We are your specialist organisers and managers through times of change.
We can assist you with:
- Downsizing and decluttering. This is an essential part of moving into a smaller residence. We’re ‘the downsizing experts’ and can help you streamline and consolidate your possessions.
- Assistance with sale of furniture and belongings. We’ll help you sell anything you no longer need and ensure you receive maximum return. Elderly Assist does not take a commission on the sale of your goods.
- Packing, moving and unpacking are big tasks regardless of your age or time of life. We use professional movers who we trust to take good care of your belongings . In the unlikely event anything does go wrong, we hold insurance for your possessions.
- Assistance with gifting to friends or family and making donations to charity.
We can help you arrange to gift items to friends or family or to charitable organisations.
- Secure short or long storage. You may not have decided what to do with your excess furniture or wish to store it for future use by family members.
Elderly Assist can
- Pack up and store your items for you.
- Assist Lawyers, Powers of Attorney and families with estate clearing.